Profiles are similar to having different developers sub-accounts under your own main account. You can create multiple profiles for person or organizations, and then share with others. By doing this, you will continue to own the 'sub-account' while allowing others to access each profile separately.
Benefits of Profiles:
1. Isolate applications from different customers. If you have two profiles, and one of them reaches the service limits for example, only that one will be blocked, the other will not be impacted.
2. Grant restricted access for external individuals to certain applications and organizations.
3. Track cost of individual applications and customers. Visualize breakdown cost per Profile and Services in the Statistics page.
To switch profiles, click on the current profile shown on the top left and select another one.
Go to your account, select Profiles from the list, and click on Add Profile.
After that, you can go in and edit the profile to change the name, logo, and upgrade services & add-ons for it.
Each Profile starts with certain services included, it is up to you to increase the limit as you scale up the applications that will run on that Profile.
You can add others in your profiles by adding their e-mails. To invite someone, go to the specific Profile, and select the tab 'Share'.
- Enter the e-mail you want to share your profile
- Click the invite button
Generating Account Tokens
Account tokens are used to authenticate requests in the TagoIO API. You can use our API to make integrations and create devices, buckets, dashboards, send data and more. To create an account token, follow these steps:
- Click on the Tokens tab
- Add a name, permission, expiration, and click on Generate Token
- Insert your password
- Click on Generate my token
Accounts with access to more than one profile will show the options during the login session.